Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update - August 21, 2008 12:47 AM

Liz Ann really “sparked up” this afternoon according to her brother John. She was able to eat (well…drink some shakes). The food was the first for her since she ate while on the summit Sunday afternoon. She did some rehab today and met with the occupational therapist and the physical therapist. They had her sit up. She has shown amazing strength and is doing exceptionally well in her circumstances (why are we not surprised?) She may be out of the ICU as early as tomorrow evening.

Her family has been diligent and thorough with their research into rehab centers for Liz Ann. Liz Ann talked with Beth Livingston for about 20 minutes today (Beth is a dear friend and well-known paraplegic athlete who lives in Bozeman). Liz Ann’s siblings also talked with other people and friends who have spinal injuries. After discussing the pros/cons and various options, they have a “slam dunk” decision for Liz Ann to go to Craig Rehab in Denver. The center is very intensive and focused on empowering people. John will be setting things up with the center tomorrow (there is a waiting list to get in…we’ll keep you posted).

Liz Ann will be able to have company this weekend and just a few visitors tomorrow and Friday. Please e-mail (or call me 223-6669) if you are interested in going to Billings Thursday as we may have a list of things to bring from Bozeman.

Also…the blog is set to receive your input. The blog is free to use and anyone can upload comments to the site with the simple click of a button. I do not plan to upload your e-mail responses to the site but will continue to print the e-mails and give them to Liz Ann until she is able to access e-mail herself. Updates, links, resources, quick info, etc. will be on the site as a resource for all friends and family.

I accidently deleted the Distribution List for this e-mail group earlier tonight. I believe I set it back up with everybody but if you or someone you know hasn’t been getting the e-mail then direct them back to me to be added again. My apologies. Also…the updates will be posted to the blog so you can check there for any missed updates.
-Amber Jean

16 comments:

Joanne said...

Great news..why are we not surprised that the coolest woman in the world is managing all this with grace? I love this site - thanks for the info. The support and love just come pouring through. I miss you, wild thing, and can't wait to hear your voice telling me to tuck my sitbones soon! All my love and support, Joanne

Britt said...

I haven't stopped thinking about you since I heard of the accident. I know if anyone has the stregth to deal with this it's you! You have always been and will continue to be an inspiration to me. I'm not the least bit surprised that you've kept your positive out look. My thoughts, love, and prayers are with you!
Britt

Unknown said...

Liz Ann, I have alway seen you as a incredible women of power and grace. You have a strong heart and a beautiful spirit!!!In the time being keep doing your practice in you mind and heart, come back to us soon. All my love and thoughts are with you!
Susie

Unknown said...

If anyone is planning to come to Billings to visit Liz Ann, we have an extra room you could stay in. Our thoughts are with you Liz Ann and family, and we wish you the best.

Rob and Elise Lininger
655-8237

bill ware said...

Liz Ann, you are in my thoughts and your energy, wisdom and passion continue to be an inspiration to me. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or Jane or John around the neighborhood.
bill ware

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call Johnny! Liz Ann of course you are shining brightly, even through this. You are an inspiration and spark for all of us. Sending you love, strength and loads of pinklight. Much love
Candra Canning( blast from the past) and Matt Glerum

Anonymous said...

Liz Ann, You are in my prayers. All that you know about healing the body and nurturing the soul is there for you to use inwardly. And, Craig Rehab is the best and will be made even better by your shining light and amazing spirit. I can see the PT's and OT's now, all lined up for an early morning Pilates workout...with you at the helm. Imagine that. Love, Marie

Anonymous said...

I don't know you Liz Ann but I read the online Chronicle and have followed your story. Just like to add my prayers and thoughts for you. Bozeman is my home however I'm living in Asia now. Just last week I climbed Mt. Fuji and watched the sun rise from the summit. The news of your accident just two days later ave made a deep impression. I know we share the same feelings when standing on the top even if it was on opposite sides of the earth. Clearly you have a large and strong support network and I am proud to be a small part of that. Keep your faith!
Allan King

Pilates Conservatory (R) said...

You have my love and support. I have been your teacher for Pilates, now you are a teacher to many for inspiration, courage,and living life!

Molly said...

Hey LizAnnie,
Jeffy and I are sending you loads of light and love and HUGS and healing. Love and hugs to Jane and Juanito too. Molly

Colby said...

Dear Liz Ann,
As Dean said, words do seem puny now...
Here are my words for you now because I am somewhat speechless.

Love you
I miss you
Zest for life
Alive
Never give up
Never
Kisses from everyone
Unity for Liz Ann
Dreams will get you there
Rage sometimes
Never give up
Always be yourself


You inspire us all, Liz Ann,and we will always be there to help.

With love and gratitude for having you in my life, Colby

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz Ann,

God Bless You!!
I am a neighbor of your friend Gigi McClaskey.
You sound like a very amazing woman. I am sending you lots of positive energy and prayers for a speedy
recovery. You are a light to many. Keep up all of your good work. You are a divine and precious soul.
Sincerely, Gina Hare

Lawrence S. said...

Liz Ann - I just returned home from a trip and found out about your accident. You have such a powerful life force, I know you will heal beyond the doctors expectations. You have so many great friends and you are far from alone on this one. Take all of the positive energy that is being sent your way and know that your friends love and care about you deeply. Thinking of your big smile just made me do the same - thanks!
Take care my friend, everything is going to be OK -


Lawrence
&
Wheatley

Leslie W said...

Dearest Liz Ann;
My thoughts and prayers are there with you. The last time I saw you it was on the street, whizzing by on your bike! You are doing just that but in a different way. Your incredible strength and spirit are awe inspiring! Keep it up...Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Liz Ann,
My prayers have been with you since the moment I heard of your accident; you have given so much to so many with your teaching and encouragement and bright light in such a grim grey CRANKY world! Know how many of us are thinking of you; I know you will tackle this as an athletic challenge, not just rehab, and you will win.
Mary Grande

Deirdre said...

Liz Ann, Jane and John and everyone,
I have been thinking of all of you and just want to let you know I am available to help in any way. You can call or email any errands I can do etc. You all are so lucky to have each other. Please stay strong and take care of each other. All of my love, support and strength.
Deirdre
406-570-9101c 406-586-1020 store
deirdrepquinn@gmail.com