Monday, August 25, 2008

PT and Rest

Liz Ann was in a wheelchair doing PT at the hospital gym this morning. PT and rest will continue to be her focus. Although she has been accepted into Craig, she is on a waiting list. We have not heard yet from Craig when she will begin her PT there. Until then, she will remain at St Vincents…we believe she will be going to Craig in about a week (as you can tell…things change daily…) More later on Liz Ann's travel plans to Denver to begin rehab at Craig Hospital (for information on their spinal cord injury rehab program visit: http://www.craighospital.org/SCI/inpatient.asp).
Her sister Jane is in charge of visits. She has already booked Liz Ann’s visits for this week as she allows only one-or two visitors a day with a focus on professional healing visits. Of course Liz Ann has many friends in body work/healing professions so some of the visits are two-fold, with friends and the intent of healing. Her days are very busy actually. When she is not resting she is busy with rehab and any number of other daily routines, all of which take extra amounts of time at this stage. Only one week ago today she was being flown out of the mountains and to Billings.
I believe personal cards/letters/photos are best at this stage. You may continue to send them to St Vincents. She absolutely loves humor and truly wants to hear how people are living. Photos from your trips, of your children, etc. make her feel good.
You may also leave her messages on her cell phone 406-581-7117. We ask that you consider the overwhelming amount of friends and well-wishers Liz Ann has…
Your patience, love, concern, positive thoughts, well-wishes, and care continue to be greatly appreciated by Liz Ann and her family.
-Amber Jean

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizann - Hi, it's amy gattuso(woldum) I don't know you that well, just through mutual friends susan, juliette and random social gatherings. You know Bozeman, land of acquaintances and frequent random social gatherings. So, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. I have known about your accident for five days now and there hasn't been a day that I have not thought about you and what you must be going through. What i do know, is that you are an amazing woman, strong, thoughtful, beautiful, has one of the biggest smiles i have ever seen, always up for fun and fricken funny too! I'll be thinking about you often. amy gattuso

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie! this blog is so great and makes it easier to feel a part of your journey. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers and constantly here you laugh ringing in my ears-you do it so often it is memorable!! Your spirit and can do attitude is a joy- I am thinking you are going to teach the rehab team at craig a thing or two!! would love to be the p.t. that gets the privilege of working with you. hope to see you before you go if possible and be of any help I can be. Keep up that drive and spirit and laugh- love juliette

Anonymous said...

Lizann-we are keeping you in our prayers and in fact our whole church is praying or you! I hope to come by and see you, as we live only a mile away. I have stopped in front of St V's to pray for you and John and Jane. Anyone is welcome to stay with us, or if you have kids and you need me to watch them while you visit Lizann-they can play with my little ones. Blessings on you day! May your caregivers continue to discover unlimited strength!
Elise & Rob Lininger

Anonymous said...

oops-our ph number is 406-655-8237...please do call if we can be of ANY help!
elise

Anonymous said...

A tremendous woman you are! I am sending all my love and goofiness your way! I have no doubt that your spirit will lift you above this challenge and only stronger can you become! much love - wendy

Anonymous said...

Liz Ann,

I have a joke for you. My husband says he loves to tell me jokes because I laught three times: Once when he tells it, once when he explains it and once when I actually get it. There were these two blondes who walked into a building.............................................................. Don't you think that one of them would have seen it?! Yes, I laughed three times!

Lots of Hugs to you!!
Carol O'Neil

Anonymous said...

Lizann- I'm a friend of Amber's, and learned of your accident through her brother Howard... As I read through this site, I can't help but be amazed by you. Your strength and spirit are truly inspiring.
I have been thinking of you since I heard of your accident, and you have been in the prayers of our small church in San Jose, CA.
I'm not able to get back to Montana often, but when I am there next, I would love an opportunity to meet you...
Again, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to heal~

Rich Huber