Friday, August 29, 2008

A Caring Community

HI ALL
I've had some wonderful conversations with the Kudrna family, many friends and new acquaintances. Most of these discussions share some common threads... strength, grace, determination, gratitude, inspiration and community to name a few. Despite our diverse backgrounds and how we came to know LizAnn, we all share and offer a beautiful blend of these qualities, something that makes the Bozeman community such a special 'home'. It's also something that makes 'LizAnn's community' so special. Her tragic injury has brought us all together, and together we provide a healing network for our dear friend.

We share a common interest and desire to help, encourage, provide hope, love and support. As she moves on to Craig Hospital for rehab, LizAnn will be gaining strength (there's that word again!), to take on her next set of challenges. She will have time to think about and plan for her new lifestyle and the many decisions ahead. As she learns more about her body and abilities, it will be even more important for us to continue to be there to support her.

Many people have generously offered their skills, time, supplies, and services to help make meals, shovel walks, manage her properties, remodel, drive... these are all things we will need to wait to hear from LizAnn & her family as to how she wants to proceed, then be ready to roll. Please know, these kind offers have provided a true sense of relief and love for LizAnn and her family. We will keep you all posted as opportunities to help present themselves,. Your patience and offers are so appreciated! In the mean time, let's continue to send good energy, prayers & well-wishes her way, stay in touch and prepare to help when the call comes.
- Bobbi Jo

1 comment:

Jason said...

jasonHello Liz this is Jason Pipoly. I went to Craig for follow up. They do it right there. I am trying to think of what to say but I know in the beginning how good that first shower feels. Ha Ha. The swim was tuff and cold. I didn't last as long as I wanted but it was still was an adventure. Salmon and seals swam with me. I lasted 10 hours and swam 16 miles in water that was in the 50's. I was hoping for water in the 60's Give me your e-mail and I will send you some of my book which I think will help. My best advice right now is don't get to comfortable at Craig because there is a great life waiting for you out there. If you think my swimming is an inspiration I just came from substituting sixth graders and I surived. They test you but its great fun. I lived in BOzeman for 2 years skiing "the ridge" and Big Sky. I love Montanna. THere is so much I want to say. When I really started to adjust was when I got out of the hospital. I was only there for a month because I didn't have insurance. From 6 to 8 months I started to feel "normal" again. I have to go to dance class with my wife soon. we are in a modern dance company that performs all over. My prayers and love are with you. I prayed for you the same prayer I asked for when I was first injured. Jason