Thursday, September 11, 2008

Liz Ann writes an Update

First of all I am overwhelmed and overjoyed with all of the thoughts prayers and gifts from ya all. thank you thank you thank you from the depths of my heart.
You never know how many people care and it definitely helps me through the hard times.
I am happy to say I am off oxygen and no longer have Respiratory Therapy, they just gave me some toys to play with during the day.
I got my IV pulled so that helps in the comfort factor. I got an updated chair so I am at least more independent. I am transferring on my own(I think) but definitely need someone or two around. Actually, I can transfer to the mat from my chair. John and Glenn practiced taking me up and down stairs today, under the eye of my O.T. It was a little scary ...
Last night I didn't even have any drugs before bed so, I was proud,
I had a fun visit from Malcolm Daley, who developed www.Paradoxsports.org
Check it out....also got to meet VJ , the 23 year old stud that had a T5 injury like me and is training for El Cap. Super inspirational.
I will try to keep all updated.
Please know your thoughts and prayers are felt and help me more than you could ever imagine.
love and gratitude to everyone

Liz Ann Kudrna

6 comments:

The Bozeman Yoga Center said...

Hi Lizann,
I'm so glad that you are feeling better. When I heard about your accident it brought me right back to July 5, 2007 when Jenny got hurt. I'm thinking of you everyday and sending love and god wishes all the time. Your evening tech is the same tech Jenny had. Say hello to Mandy for me.
much love Ed Scheterlak

Anonymous said...

Dear Lizann,

This note has been so hard to write! I have thought about you constantly but finding the right words can be so alluding, maybe bit like catching a butterfly with my hands.

I am struck by how beautiful you are. To look at the pictures on the blog spot and see the radiant smile that lights up a room is so inspirational. To read your posts and feel your strong and vibrant voice is soothing. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thinking good thoughts of and for you,
Melissa Cronin

A-T said...

Hey Liz Ann - just a quick note to hopefully give you a boost. Port's injury was "100% subluxation", and he was told all sorts of stuff about how he would never do this or that, but you know, it is just meaningless. The point is, he, and the other two men we are working with, are doing things they are not supposed to be able to do, and that is all there is to it. They really know so little about the spinal cord and nervous system. Keep the faith, girl! Continue to get well and learn for now, so that when you get home you will be ready for total immersion in the healing ride of your life!!
Ann-Toy & Porter

Anonymous said...

Yay! We are so happy to hear from you!!! You still haven't mentioned Secret, do you get to see him at all? He was such a pretty dog. With how progressive Craig sounds, I would think they would use Canine Therapy. I have heard such amazing things about that and Equine Therapy. I used to volunteer with Eagle Mount in their Equine Therapy program, in Bozeman. SO cool!! But I love horses, so anything with them-I am all for it!

Hope you sleep well! Let me know if you need anything in the sleep department...I sell that kind of thing. Do you think you would like a featherbed? Or a new down pillow? You name it!!!!
Elise

Mel said...

There is one word that has been frequently heard to describe LizAnn...VIBRANT. A ray of sunshine that lights up anyone's face as she passes by with her bright smile and cheery hello. Her warmth and openness makes everyone feel special in her presence. I look forward to seeing that vibrant being once again!
Beijos e abracos (kisses and hugs) Mel

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizann, my name is David Poole and I live in Bozeman. I too am in a wheelchair as a T-7 para. I was hurt in CO and went to Craig as well. I just remebered I have a poster there of me skiing in a monoski across the water. I know some of the PT and OT you are dealling with. Tell John I said hi if you see him. My favoret class was wheelchair class for sure. Before you know it everything gets easier to do. Stairs and curbs are like taking candy from a baby and I have only been in my chair almost three years now. Just wanted to let you know I read about you in an article in the papper and hope that everything is going ok. My prayers are with you.

contact me with any questions you may have...

Spokes