Thursday, September 18, 2008

Liz Ann Writes from Her New Room

(Liz Ann wrote this to share with everyone)

Tonight I wish I had someone to celebrate with, I got moved out of my tiny shared hospital room on the West side and now have a little almost apartment on the East side with all the amenities.....nurse and tech. Just not quite as responsive. Hopefully I will sleep without interruption tonight and I am wheeling around trying to arrange what I can. John went to stay with friends in Boulder, I am glad he is taking some time.

This has been my busiest week and I have daily gotten my "tuche" (butt) kicked. Last week I had PT and OT everyday and medical stuff. This week I have PT and OT still daily, once a week a chance to talk to Dr. Butt, my psychologist. I adore him. He has worked here I think about 20 years and still is fresh as ever. He set me up with his hairdresser and I got my hair cut today. I can say I feel like a new woman, at least lighter, which by the way I am by about 10 lbs. Weighed in at 110 today. Muscle in my skinny legs was bulkier than ya all thought!

In the stream of consciousness fashion, I continue, also added to my week is fit class 5 time/wk and FES bike 3 times/wk. and a patient education lecture class 4 times this week. Today in fit class we played tennis....I had a blast(when I hit the ball)...watch out Christine Lompa and gang you got some competition! We also do weight lifting and different strengthening activities. Golly, if I worked my upper body this way when I was climbing I would have been keeping up with Meg Hall no problem!

Well I hope this transmits as my computer becomes more unreliable by the day. I wish I could send a personal thank you to each of you for your notes and treats and love. This is the best I can do for now. I feel your love and good wishes and they empower me and remind me that we all have what it takes to do whatever we want. I wish the power of our community could be felt by all of you the way I feel it. It is a small world and we all must take care of each other. I love you for reading and staying connected to me!

- Liz Ann Kudrna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LA-
It's your neighbor David from Beall.....Thinking of you constantly...Please let me know if I can do anything to help...Sending postive vibes...David Perlstein

Kay Ruh said...

Hi, Liz Ann: (if you are getting two notes from me today, it's because the first one disappeared so I'm trying again)

Everyday the first email I open is the one about you! Your strength and attitude are truly humbling.

Craig sounds like an amazing facility. How fortunate that you are able to be there. The new "digs" sound great, and it sounds like some privacy will be welcome.

All is going OK here. I have a job (since January) as a customer service and employee/management consultant. Finally, something that taps my only two talents - customer service and psychology. I absolutely love it. And it's right here in Bozeman.

I look forward to the fund raiser on Sunday. I'm sure it will be packed. You are held tightly in everyone's heart, Liz Ann, because you have always earned it.

Love to you, My Friend.

Kay Ruh

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz Ann;
I met you at Amy Kelly's bachelor party and you made a great impression on me. I read about your accident and have sent many little prayers your way since then. Just wanted to let you know I care. Most Sincerely, yr fellow Bozemanite, Karen Sanchez

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz Ann -
it's Betsey Pitts. I just found out about your accident, and now I can't think of anything else. A person only needed to see your face for a second to know you were made of something very special. And this blog is full of so much love for you. I wish I could write something that conveyed the strength of the good wishes I have for you.
Betsey

Carole said...

HI Liz Ann,
Its Carole (formerly, Kolarich)
A hug hug and broad, warm smile to you beautiful one! My positive thoughts are flowing your way. The gatherings yesterday were truly ammazing and a true indicator of the strength of this community and how much we care about you and your progress. Please save up a weight training session with me as you would indeed kick my toush in tennis with your backhand! Hugs, CB