Friday, December 26, 2008

LizAnn Writes a Note

My dear good friends,
Some of whom I do not even know that well... some of whom are anominus,

I wanna thank you all so much. Such an amazing group of friends and gathering of our community. I was so overwhelmed that day I walked into the house and saw 15 or so people painting and continue to be overwhelmed with tears of gratitude and love. I can hardly believe the generousity of time and skills and favours that you all have offered me. The remodel of my house is beautiful and cool and uplifting. It is the most tangible of gifts. There are are gifts that are not as obvious, such as the wonderful, heart warming letters, the tastey meals and treats, the professional advice, and the thoughtful gifts over the last few monthes.
My heart has grown so large and I feel so very blessed by everbody's efforts.

It has been hard for me to thank everyone individually as I would like to because my tolerance for sitting at the writting desk or computer is limited by comfort and some pain. I still need my rest and that is still a hard thing for me to schedule into the day. I find that now that I am back in Bozeman, I have been trying to keep my old schedule of doing toooo much. Or just more than is good for me right now.
One of the many lessons I am trying to honor is to slow down. It is a hard one! But, I better get it down, cause it is how I am going to need to live life for a while. When I think about it, it is a wonderful process, to slow dow, we can savor moments and interactions with our friends. We can savor our food and wine. We can feel. We can feel more than we ever thought. We can realize our blessings. We can become perhaps more effective. So that is one( of many) of my new year resolutions, to slow down. Hopefully that will give me more
clairity on life and lifes offerings and choices. Hopefully I will become more complete by actually choosing instead of saying yes to everything. I will learn to choosen the more important things to do and focus on. I encourage you all to remind me anytime and to join me in some savory slowness!
As soon as I am settled I would love to invite ya all over to enjoy the new pad with me and share in some food and drink and let me appreciate you...of coarse it won't be any time too soon....
Now I will get back to some less enjoyable paperwork!!!
peace and good cheer to all of you

LizAnn

No comments: