Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LizAnn's HOME!





Grins, tears, hugs and joy…LizAnn is home!

Hoots and cheers erupted from the crowd of forty friends as LizAnn wheeled herself into the terminal…bright and beaming. Nearing the loud enthusiastic crowd, she veered a wee bit off-course as emotion nearly overcame her. She quickly got back on course, a huge smile on her face. I wrapped her in a festive pink boa…others draped beads and leis as an outpouring of hugs were shared.

She looks good.




One little tyke was quite taken by her “big wheels.” He seemed like he wanted to climb aboard her chair for a ride. Some cute little girls gave her a little bag with iridescent glass pebbles…LizAnn asked intriguingly, “Are they magic?”

Her nephew gave LizAnn a perfectly shaped heart rock on which he’d written “WELL COME HOME. I love you.” He found the rock all by himself (near his mother’s bed…!)

LizAnn’s brother John commented on the appropriateness of the word “WELLCOME.”



She is well. She is home.

-Amber Jean








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to all of Liz Ann's friends who continue to keep those of us on the fringe updated. I have never met Liz Ann, but her story touched me as I look at Mt. Cowan out my front window everyday here in Paradise Valley. I'm also a Pilates fanatic here in Livingston. I can't get enough of it. I sent Liz Ann a letter while she was in Billings sending my prayers and support.

I hope to meet her someday. In the meantime, your posts have brought me tears of joy as I read them often to know of Liz Ann's progress.

I will continue to keep all of you, friends, family and, of course, Liz Ann, in my prayers as you all embark in this next chapter in the journey.