Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inaugeration Bash

LizAnn and friends were out celebrating the night of the inauguration at a packed private venue. I pushed her through the crowd when they replayed Obama’s speech on a big screen. She had missed the speech earlier in the day so we shared those joyous moments, me crouched behind her, arms around her. Afterwards, a young girl curiously and a bit shyly approached LizAnn to check out her chair. LizAnn asked little Ruby if she wanted up on the chair and after a shy but excited nod, LizAnn pulled her up and spun her around for a little ride on the edge of the dance floor. Once Ruby was done with her ride (I believe she would have been happy sitting there all night!) LizAnn and I began dancing on the edge of the dance floor. A handsome fella she didn’t know, approached LizAnn, grabbed her arms and began spinning her around. They danced the rest of the song. We danced and danced…at one point she yelled over the music, “Help me get in front of the stage! I’ve always danced center-stage…why stop now?!” So…we bumped our way to the front where we continued dancing, song after song…various men, lots of girlfriends, me, her sister Jane, and JoJo (the fella who broke her fall and spent the night on Mt Cowen with her)…each taking turns dancing with that beautiful woman.

No comments: